Home » xyzzy » Tower » I love learning
I love learning [message #74314] Wed, 31 October 2012 23:03 Go to next message
Sunflower is currently offline  Sunflower
Chancellor
Some people are surprised that I know so much about so many things. I get most of my knowledge from watching documentaries and reading quality newspapers. Do you think it's important to learn more about the world we live in?
Re: I love learning [message #74335 is a reply to message #74314] Thu, 01 November 2012 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Absolutely. Smile I have been a sponge for knowledge all my life. Information that doesn't seem to be of any value at the time learned often pays off big time later. I started tinkering with electronics in about 1963 with tubes, then SS and finally ICs, but got off track a few years later and didn't get back until about 5 years ago. I took a detour into PC systems and hardware, but in retrospect that is not where I should have gone. Now I have the background from the early days and all that stuff in between that I find quite helpful in designing audio gear.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: I love learning [message #74416 is a reply to message #74314] Fri, 09 November 2012 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Of course it is important and you really can't avoid learning since it's a part of life. It kills me how many people think learning stops when you leave educational institutions.
Re: I love learning [message #74563 is a reply to message #74314] Sat, 24 November 2012 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
It is very important in my opinion. Knowledge is the key to success and even if you only learn a little bit on any given day, you're still learning something.
Re: I love learning [message #74592 is a reply to message #74314] Sun, 25 November 2012 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
I think it's important because you never know when a bit of knowledge about one thing can apply to something else. Knowing a little about a lot can come in handy in so many ways.
Re: I love learning [message #74594 is a reply to message #74592] Mon, 26 November 2012 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
Nouri wrote on Sun, 25 November 2012 22:00
I think it's important because you never know when a bit of knowledge about one thing can apply to something else. Knowing a little about a lot can come in handy in so many ways.

I absolutely agree with that. I am a very big reader, and I love watching documentaies too. I have always said that if I had the money I would just be a professional college student. There are lots of courses you can take online now for free though. Smile
Re: I love learning [message #74601 is a reply to message #74314] Mon, 26 November 2012 18:16 Go to previous message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I definitely think it's important to at least a little bit about a wide variety of subjects. Like someone else pointed out, you never know when that knowledge will come in handy, even in another area.
Previous Topic: Stereo As Alarm
Next Topic: Facebook vs. MySpace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:36:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout