Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » One of these days
One of these days [message #10058] Sat, 12 January 2008 12:30 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
One of these days this'll be an Aikido pre-amp designed by John Broskie. Just got the chassis mostly drilled today, still have to locate the switches and volume control. A really neat feature is being able to switch between the 2 output caps, one Russkie oil, the other film.

Steve Brown, who else?, provided me with a power supply schematic and pretty soon I'll close my eyes and start wiring.

Re: One of these days [message #10059 is a reply to message #10058] Sat, 12 January 2008 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Lookin' good Bill.

I've got this pile of 6SN7's from my organ teardown. The Aikido pre might be a good use for them!

Re: One of these days [message #10060 is a reply to message #10059] Sun, 13 January 2008 19:06 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Looks like a neat project, Bill. Please keep us posted!

Speaking of Steve, I saw him this afternoon and listened to his latest creation. Sounds really, really great. I think his amps keep getting better and better and I'm hoping he starts making kits. He has been kicking the idea around for a while and I think it would be great.

Previous Topic: 300B Push Pull
Next Topic: 20 minutes with a Forstner bit and a block of Cherry
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:03:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout