Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » orgasonic model 40
orgasonic model 40 [message #10036] Sun, 16 December 2007 22:06 Go to next message
Janet is currently offline  Janet
Esquire
I bought an Orgasonic model 40 organ at Goodwill for $10. The cabinet is in excellent conditionand the organ plays ok except for the F# pedal which doesn't sound and the F & G keys in all octives after the organ has been on for a while has distortion.

I live on SS and can't aford to spend a lot of money for repairs or parts, but would love to put the organ in good working condition so I can learn to play it.

I would appreciate any information or suggestions or leads that anyone can give me.

Thanks,

Janet

Re: orgasonic model 40 [message #10045 is a reply to message #10036] Sun, 23 December 2007 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
metasonix is currently offline  metasonix
Viscount
Sorry, that will be difficult. Your best bet might be to learn how to repair it yourself. Viscount Service is the "official" Baldwin organ repairer, although every town usually has someone who works on organs.

http://www.mitatechs.com/suppliers.htm#Viscount_America_2

You might ask around town for a technician. Be prepared to pay several hundred dollars. (sorry!)

Oh, is this what it looks like inside?
http://www.deviantsynth.com/2007/09/13/daddy-what-did-electronic-organ-mean-in-1950/

Re: orgasonic model 40 [message #10047 is a reply to message #10045] Sun, 23 December 2007 15:11 Go to previous message
Janet is currently offline  Janet
Esquire
Thank you for your reply. The inside of the organ is a wall of vacuum tubes like we had in radios when I was a kid. At 69 I want to learn to play an organ, but wasn't looking forward to having to be a repairman also. Maybe my $10 bargain wasn't such a bargain after all. Even if the cabinet is in beautiful shape.

Thanks again.

Previous Topic: Scott 299C and 7591 tubes
Next Topic: 6AS7G
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:45:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers