Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Miniaturization of Live Sound Gear
Miniaturization of Live Sound Gear [message #74083] Mon, 08 October 2012 12:42 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I saw a guy performing over the weekend and marveled at how much smaller gear seems to be getting. It certainly helps that it was only one guy and his guitar, of course, but the mixer was tiny, even for one that is only a couple channels. I wish I could've seen it better in the dimness; I didn't recognize it at all.
Re: Miniaturization of Live Sound Gear [message #74344 is a reply to message #74083] Fri, 02 November 2012 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
24KPython is currently offline  24KPython
Chancellor
Yeah, I love the move to smaller gear. It totally makes sense for a one-man guitar show to be able to stuff everything into a guitar bag.

Actually that reminds me of this ultra-micro guitar practice amp a friend showed me. I wish I could remember what it was. Basically it was hardly larger than the female guitar plug and the headphone port... so about like a thick iPod nano. *And it sounded AWESOME.
Re: Miniaturization of Live Sound Gear [message #74415 is a reply to message #74344] Fri, 09 November 2012 09:45 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That is a crazy small amp, 24KPython!

As for smaller gear, it certainly is more convenient and I bet the performers appreciate it. Even in the last 10 years, a lot of gear has become much smaller.
Previous Topic: Carillons
Next Topic: Recording Outdoors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:06:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout