Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » H290S screw type
H290S screw type [message #73944] Tue, 25 September 2012 06:03 Go to next message
audiothings
Chancellor
The Eminence H290S is a screw on type horn, but my dealer informs me that he can supply me with an adaptor for the bolt on DE250. I also know that P Audio makes a similar adaptor... could there be any problem due to using such an adaptor?

(I would have wanted to buy the H290C from Pi speakers, but the shipping costs would make it too expensive, and the logistics of customs clearance etc. can be a PITA, because of the size of the thing...)

Good news is that the JBL 2226H is available at a very friendly price (grinning from ear to ear Smile)... Sometimes its nice to live in the third world! We are now looking at a 5.1 setup, lets see how it pans out...
Re: H290S screw type [message #73946 is a reply to message #73944] Tue, 25 September 2012 07:59 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Those adapters adversely affect performance because they interrupt the flare profile. Using them is a sort of band-aid fix, only recommended as a last resort when sound quality is not important.

It's really best to use a screw-on type driver with a screw-on type horn. Don't use the adapter if you can help it.

Previous Topic: Six Pi Review
Next Topic: Dust cap dented on 2226H
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:04:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout