Home » Audio » Source » MP3 Source
MP3 Source [message #73828] Sun, 16 September 2012 07:38 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Where do you get your mp3s? I used to use Limewire all the time, but that's out now. I generally buy songs off Amazon these days.
Re: MP3 Source [message #73849 is a reply to message #73828] Tue, 18 September 2012 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I use Amazon myself most of the time, but there are also sites like Pirate Bay for mp3s and other files, if one is so inclined.
Re: MP3 Source [message #74691 is a reply to message #73828] Fri, 30 November 2012 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I seem to be using Amazon more and more these days, and music is one of the reasons. Gotta have my MP3. It used to be an Ebay addict, but Amazon kind of took over.
Re: MP3 Source [message #74951 is a reply to message #73828] Sat, 15 December 2012 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srdmind is currently offline  srdmind
Chancellor
Amazon, iTunnes or I rip my own cd's. I have friends who own the cd then go out and buy the mp3, don't do that. Search the internet for an audio to mp3 ripper and voila. Now you can digitally back up and make your music library portable, for free.
Re: MP3 Source [message #75121 is a reply to message #73828] Tue, 01 January 2013 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
My wife and I use iTunes for the most part. Sometimes we'll double check Amazon, just to make sure they don't have the songs we want for less. We used Napster for a long time, but when they sold out to Rhapsody, we didn't go along for the ride.
Re: MP3 Source [message #75128 is a reply to message #75121] Tue, 01 January 2013 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I use iTunes more than anything else, because I have an iPod and whatever I download is just going to end up in iTunes anyway. I used Limewire and Napster way back in the day, but Limewire disappeared somewhere along the lines and Napster became a pay site just like the rest of them.
Re: MP3 Source [message #75153 is a reply to message #73828] Sat, 05 January 2013 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
80sgirl is currently offline  80sgirl
Chancellor
We use Rhapsody at our house. I know it sounds silly to be paying a monthly fee for music and audio books but there are three people here who use it. We all have completely different taste in music from each other so this way we can choose what we like. I also like the way I can monitor what my kids are listening to. Since we keep all of the songs in a central library I can check the library to make sure they aren't pulling anything they shouldn't hear. I was shocked when my oldest chose an Ozzy Ozborne song. I guess my little girl is growing up. Laughing

80's Girl
Re: MP3 Source [message #75649 is a reply to message #74951] Wed, 27 February 2013 06:47 Go to previous message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
srdmind wrote on Sat, 15 December 2012 03:23
Amazon, iTunnes or I rip my own cd's. I have friends who own the cd then go out and buy the mp3, don't do that. Search the internet for an audio to mp3 ripper and voila. Now you can digitally back up and make your music library portable, for free.

Oh yes, I feel sorry for people when I find out they've been paying for the song twice. I've ripped most of my CDs to mp3s and it was very easy.
Previous Topic: Cleaning BluRays
Next Topic: Are they worth anything
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:46:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout