Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Thinking about building a light source
Thinking about building a light source [message #73637] Thu, 23 August 2012 12:02 Go to next message
Rockhaven is currently offline  Rockhaven
Chancellor
So, I am thinking about making something interesting that would require a light bulb in a box. I know little to nothing about wiring and the basic physics principle regarding it. Can someone refer me to resources that will help me build my own lighting source?
Re: Thinking about building a light source [message #73639 is a reply to message #73637] Thu, 23 August 2012 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Will a regular house current lamp not work? A standard light bulb in a socket?

Re: Thinking about building a light source [message #73641 is a reply to message #73639] Thu, 23 August 2012 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockhaven is currently offline  Rockhaven
Chancellor
I'm not too sure if you are familiar with Joseph Cornell, but he did miniature box still lives. I want to make a curtain over my box, and every time someone opens the curtain all the way, I want there to be a light that turns on. I think I may have to build it from scratch, a lamp would be too big.
Re: Thinking about building a light source [message #73645 is a reply to message #73641] Thu, 23 August 2012 16:38 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, It would seem to need something that detects the opening of the curtains. A photo cell arrangement might work. For a more sophisticated approach a proximity detector or perhaps an infrared beam and photo detector. Some of these things are available in kit form. you can search the web for them. A number use LEDs in place of bulbs and thus no high voltages, just a few batteries.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: What is wrong with these people?
Next Topic: Hot air balloons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 10:48:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout