Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » A month away
Re: A month away [message #73727 is a reply to message #73405] Sun, 02 September 2012 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NWCgrad is currently offline  NWCgrad
Master
Those look great!!!

VIRIBUS MARI VICTORIA
Re: A month away [message #73728 is a reply to message #73405] Sun, 02 September 2012 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blacklabel0730 is currently offline  blacklabel0730
Chancellor
I do love the look of the veneered port. I finally have them hooked up and WOW they sound absolutely amazing. The subs and the 2pi's should be done in the next 3-4 weeks.
Re: A month away [message #73729 is a reply to message #73405] Sun, 02 September 2012 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skywave-rider is currently offline  skywave-rider
Viscount
Beautiful!
Re: A month away [message #74024 is a reply to message #73405] Wed, 03 October 2012 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
The setup is kinda stuck due to living in a condo in Chicago. I am limited to space living in a condo in Chicago. I used the subs for stands and angled the speakers toe in and put the rears on the 4pi stands. This is temporary as when I buy a condo (next year or 2) I will make sure everything fits in our entertainment area.

The sound is amazing. I am blown away at the clarity and separation this setup puts out. It has more than enough power to get loud but it doesn't seem to lose anything in fact, to me, it sounds better. The bass is more punchy and noticeable (in a musical way).

I will do a full review of everything soon. I want to thank Wayne for helping answer and question as well as designing such a high quality speaker.

index.php?t=getfile&id=874&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=873&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=872&private=0
  • Attachment: rear.jpg
    (Size: 540.51KB, Downloaded 2461 times)
  • Attachment: side.jpg
    (Size: 356.66KB, Downloaded 2539 times)
  • Attachment: front shot.jpg
    (Size: 511.63KB, Downloaded 2558 times)
Re: A month away [message #74025 is a reply to message #73405] Wed, 03 October 2012 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mantha3 is currently offline  mantha3
Viscount
It looks like you have your winter all set to go! Cold night you can get a fire going and chill to some 4PI tune-age
Re: A month away [message #74269 is a reply to message #73405] Fri, 26 October 2012 20:01 Go to previous message
Chancellor
Well everything has been done for about 4 weeks and all I can say is WOW. If you are looking for clear quality sound at concert volumes go with Pi speakers. I am running the 4pi as the mains, dual 3 pi subs, and 2pi for rear surround.

The four pi speakers are the main sound for my setup. With their sensitivity these speakers do not strain at high volumes it is amazing. They just keep sounding better the louder you play them. I upgraded both the tweeter and woofer to B&C DE250 and the JBL 2226h . I love how clear and separated the instruments sound and I love the range these have but I really enjoy the soundstage of the 4pi. Watching concert dvds is a real pleasure it feels like I am at a live show.

The 2pis for rears are great. In movies I notice they put out a lot of bass without breaking up at all. It adds a big feel to movies during loud scenes. When using them for 5.1 albums I really appreciate how they are not the weak link in the chain. They put out enough clear sound to be the perfect compliment to the 4pi's (note I have not tried playing them as fronts yet).

The 3pi subs are awesome. Sometimes I have to walk up to them to make sure they are putting out bass because they are so clear and mix with the 4 pi so well (running them at 100 hz crossover). The biggest impression they left on me has been in movies. During explosion scenes your hair is vibrates and the room pressurizes, but you can barely hear the bass. It is one of the coolest things about the system.

Overall I could not be happier. I find myself constantly playing music and relistening to all of my favorite albums. It is amazing hearing new things in some of my favorite songs with how much instrument separation these 4pis produce. I can now finally sit back and enjoy them. I am throwing a dinner theater holiday party in Dec. and I will make sure everyone knows about Pi Speakers!

Thanks Wayne and Thanks Tim Kroupa from Mirror Image Remodeling for doing my cabinets.

Previous Topic: 7 pi plans
Next Topic: 1 and 2 Pi Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:43:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout