Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Fire Ant Bites
Fire Ant Bites [message #73334] Fri, 20 July 2012 08:40 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If you have a good remedy for fire ant bites, I'd love to hear it. I just got a bite and it's terribly annoying already.
Re: Fire Ant Bites [message #73338 is a reply to message #73334] Fri, 20 July 2012 10:01 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I hate the buggers. It does bring to mind a funny story though. Several years ago a buddy and I were at a local rifle range. It was deserted at the time and we were using black powder rifles that day. Anyhow he was taking aim on the target and a big red ant (much like the fire ants) bit him and caused him to miss. The next thing I knew he was dumping about 1/2 pound of black powder down the ant hole. He made a trail of it about 2 feet long (just like in the movies). He also figured that new manufacture black powder would burn down the trail slowly like in the movies. Bad thinking. He lit the trail...... woosh. It traveled the two feet in about a half second. He was only about that distance from the hole as well. Woosh.. Boom! It not only singed his eyebrows and front of his hair. It blew about 1000 ants into the air that then bounced off the metal sun roof over him and rained down on him. The ants were to put it mildly .... really pissed off. Watching your buddy running around like a crazed madman hooting and hollering was not funny at the time, but in retrospect rather amusing and a good lesson..... use a longer fuse next time. Laughing

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Furniture in a box
Next Topic: What else do you do?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:01:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers