Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Powerless without power
Powerless without power [message #73190] Mon, 02 July 2012 15:47 Go to next message
mixinlady
Baron
Was anyone else affected by the deadly storms that blew through the mid-Atlantic on Friday? We were without power for almost 48 hours straight! I've heard about people being without power for days before, but I never thought it'd actually happen to me. This was the first time in my life my electricity was out for over 24 hours.
Re: Powerless without power [message #73202 is a reply to message #73190] Wed, 04 July 2012 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Not this storm. But it used to happen all the time out here in the past. I bought a generator and it was the best insurance ever.... since then the max outage has been about 2 hours.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Powerless without power [message #73231 is a reply to message #73190] Mon, 09 July 2012 11:27 Go to previous message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
This last one missed us thankfully, but we know people who were affected by it. I hope it is a good reminder to everyone about the importance of keeping some non-perishable food and water on hand.
Previous Topic: Obama's end run around the Dream Act
Next Topic: Expensive dog wedding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:01:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout