Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Obama's end run around the Dream Act
Obama's end run around the Dream Act [message #73015] Fri, 15 June 2012 20:01 Go to next message
TurnItUp is currently offline  TurnItUp
Viscount
President Obama announced today that his administration would no longer deport illegal immigrants who were brought to the US as children. Here is one article about it. What do you think? The new policy is almost a mirror image of the DREAM Act which has stalled in Congress. I must admit that I think this is just an attempt to buy the Hispanic vote for the November elections.
Re: Obama's end run around the Dream Act [message #73024 is a reply to message #73015] Sat, 16 June 2012 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
I think the man needs to show some respect for the Constitution and stop using "executive orders" to get everything he wants done. Hopefully, he's serving his last few months in office now.
Re: Obama's end run around the Dream Act [message #73025 is a reply to message #73015] Sat, 16 June 2012 21:15 Go to previous message
TurnItUp is currently offline  TurnItUp
Viscount
I absolutely agree with you Love2. Obama has signed more executive orders in the past year than some President's signed in their whole terms! There is a reason the founding fathers set up three levels of government, and this President ( a constitutional law student no less) tramples all over them.
Previous Topic: DEA locks student in cell for five days
Next Topic: Powerless without power
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:27:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout