Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » DEA locks student in cell for five days
DEA locks student in cell for five days [message #72491] Wed, 02 May 2012 13:52 Go to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
Has anyone else heard about this story? The DEA officers apparently "forgot" that this man was in the holding cell, and left him in there for five days with no food or water. I imagine this gentleman is about to get a hefty settlement!
Re: DEA locks student in cell for five days [message #72574 is a reply to message #72491] Sun, 06 May 2012 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurnItUp is currently offline  TurnItUp
Viscount
I saw a couple of stories about this. I believe the guy is now suing for 20 million dollars, and he will probably get it. I don't think the DEA is going to want to go to trial on this one!
Re: DEA locks student in cell for five days [message #72758 is a reply to message #72491] Mon, 21 May 2012 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
$20 million dollars seems like an awful lot, but the guy did nearly die. The DEA should pay all of the medical bills he incurred, but I imagine they will settle out of court for close to the full amount.
Re: DEA locks student in cell for five days [message #72821 is a reply to message #72491] Fri, 25 May 2012 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
I imagine that this will probably settle out of court for an "undisclosed amount". The DEA is not going to want the press that a trial would generate.
Re: DEA locks student in cell for five days [message #72869 is a reply to message #72491] Wed, 30 May 2012 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
I have not heard any thing more on this has anyone? I know he was going to sue the DEA for $20 million, but that is the last I heard. What a shame that they did not know he was in there. He had to drink his own urine!
Re: DEA locks student in cell for five days [message #73016 is a reply to message #72491] Fri, 15 June 2012 20:39 Go to previous message
Viscount
I totally agree JB, how can you forget a prisoner in your custody not just for one day but for FIVE days! I think we probably haven't heard anything more about it because they have settled it. I don't think that is a story anyone in government would want staying in the headlines.
Previous Topic: Obama supports gay marriage
Next Topic: Obama's end run around the Dream Act
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:24:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout