Home » Audio » Source » iPod vs non-iPod MP3 Players
iPod vs non-iPod MP3 Players [message #72383] Wed, 25 April 2012 14:57 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
What are some of the differences between iPod and non-iPod MP3 players? Why is the iPod so much more popular than all the other brands of MP3 players out there? Which do you prefer?
Re: iPod vs non-iPod MP3 Players [message #72396 is a reply to message #72383] Thu, 26 April 2012 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Well, as you can probably already tell by my username, I prefer iPod brand MP3 players. I've owned a couple of non-iPod MP3 players in the past and the major differences in the ones I owned were storage capacity and software compatibility. The iPod I own has a 160 GB hard drive, which is actually larger than the hard drive on my laptop, and plenty large enough for my entire music collection, plus all my pictures. Also, iPods sync with iTunes, whereas most non-iPod MP3 players do not. So, in my opinion, it really comes down to how much storage space you need and which software you prefer to use to sync your music with.
Re: iPod vs non-iPod MP3 Players [message #72439 is a reply to message #72396] Sun, 29 April 2012 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Yes .... storage and compatibility. Add in accessories. I use a Sony and it does what I need and will sync with itunes (although I don't use that feature). I like it because it is an in between size. Bigger than a nano and smaller than an iPod. Also battery life is about 30 hours on a charge. It holds enough music for any trip I've been on recently... about 500 hi-res MP3s (I rip them at 320K).

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: iPod vs non-iPod MP3 Players [message #72441 is a reply to message #72383] Sun, 29 April 2012 12:43 Go to previous message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I just can't bring myself to pay the Ipod price! To me they are just seriously overpriced just because they have Ipod in front of them. I bought a Panasonic one that has more storage than I could ever use for less than $40!
Previous Topic: Internet connection required on Blu-Ray Discs?
Next Topic: TV Microphones
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:08:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout