Home » Audio » Source » CD writer help
CD writer help [message #72308] Sat, 21 April 2012 15:04 Go to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
I'm trying to download music onto a CD from the computer. I can't get the CD writer to work. What could I be doing wrong? It is showing that the music is transferring but when I go to play the CD, nothing is there!

Let's chat!
Re: CD writer help [message #72311 is a reply to message #72308] Sat, 21 April 2012 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Any number of things can be going on. First, use explorer (if you are a windows user) to look at the disk. See if anything is on it. It may be that you are actually recording something to it, but it is in a format that you can't playback. If the disk is still blank then most likely you don't have any or the correct drivers for the recorder. CD and DVD player-recorders will play in windows machines without additional drivers but will often not record without the specific drivers for the unit. I don't know your skill level, but it is possible that the drives are not recorders? Just players. Another possibility is that you don't have the correct software to make a recording. Windows can do some rather peculiar things that seem to be what you want, but aren't. Also check to see if the PC has put the stuff to be recorded into a holding cue and is waiting for some response for you to do something with it. Another possibility is that the material you want to copy is copyrighted and protected. Some programs won't copy those files or if they do it won't play.

Like I said lots of possibilities.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: CD writer help [message #72330 is a reply to message #72308] Sun, 22 April 2012 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
Wow, I did not know there were so many things that could go wrong when trying to burn music. I will try each of these and let you know if I can figure it out. Thanks for the great answer!

Let's chat!
Re: CD writer help [message #72335 is a reply to message #72330] Sun, 22 April 2012 21:31 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I believe I saw a kind of tutorial a few months back on the "source" forum. I am sure there are several folks that can assist hanging out in such places.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: 8 track cassettes
Next Topic: MP3 Players in Stores
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 01:45:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers