Home » Audio » Speaker » ComputerSpeakers
ComputerSpeakers [message #72274] Fri, 20 April 2012 05:37 Go to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
What type of speakers are recommended for computer use? Are the size and output of the speakers partially or fully dependent on the operating system of the computer itself?
Re: ComputerSpeakers [message #72280 is a reply to message #72274] Fri, 20 April 2012 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
No, it should be completely independent of the computer OS. We are looking into some new computer speakers that are wireless. They have some with great reviews on the Walmart site if you want to check them out. I am leaning towards the Logitech ones myself.
Re: ComputerSpeakers [message #72313 is a reply to message #72274] Sun, 22 April 2012 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
I would go with Logitech as well. I know there are certain items that Walt-Mart sells that are kind of undependable but I've never had problems with their electronics. It all comes down to the brand name I think.
Re: ComputerSpeakers [message #72323 is a reply to message #72274] Sun, 22 April 2012 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I would also recommend Logitech speakers. I'm using a rather inexpensive set with my computer right now, but Logitech makes great high end computer speakers as well. I've never had any problems with Logitech speakers, unlike some of the other lesser-known brands. Just make sure the sound card you're using is compatible with the speakers you're thinking about buying!

Re: ComputerSpeakers [message #72450 is a reply to message #72274] Mon, 30 April 2012 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
likearecordbaby
Baron
I also use Logitech, and have found the sound to be pretty decent considering their small size. They are wired, though, which doesn't bother me since the wires don't really get in the way.
Re: ComputerSpeakers [message #72656 is a reply to message #72274] Wed, 09 May 2012 19:47 Go to previous message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
We are on our second set of Logitech speakers as well. The first set still works actually, and we just decided to go a little bit bigger.
Previous Topic: Saving Speakers
Next Topic: Speaker problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:59:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout