Home » Audio » Radio » Radio Station Contests (What are the odds? )
Radio Station Contests [message #72243] Wed, 18 April 2012 22:55 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Has anyone here ever won a radio station contest before?

I haven't, personally, but a friend of my wife's has an interesting story about a radio station contest. Apparently, my wife's friend called our local rock station and won tickets to an upcoming NASCAR race. However, the station was running a "Blind Date" feature, so they had one male winner and one female. Since she was already married, my wife's friend gave the ticket to her mother and the mom went on this station-sponsored NASCAR-race blind date. Fast forward to today and those two are happily married! Can you believe it?? What are the odds?!
Re: Radio Station Contests [message #72252 is a reply to message #72243] Thu, 19 April 2012 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Better odds being hit by lightning. Shocked

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Radio Station Contests [message #72310 is a reply to message #72243] Sat, 21 April 2012 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
Too darn funny... and who would want to go to a Nascar race as a blind date? Where is the radio station. I guess Nascar is not that big here where I live. I've tried to win many radio station contest.

Let's chat!
Re: Radio Station Contests [message #72317 is a reply to message #72243] Sun, 22 April 2012 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
I heard somewhere that it helps if you have a stations number on speed dial it helps increase your odds, but there's still no guarantee. It sounds like too much of a hassle to me.
Re: Radio Station Contests [message #72407 is a reply to message #72243] Fri, 27 April 2012 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
I haven't ever won anything, but my hubby did. I think it might have been a tv station though. We won the tickets and had to drive to the station (about 60 miles away) to pick them up. Then the truck broke down on the way home...nothing in life is "free".
Re: Radio Station Contests [message #72473 is a reply to message #72243] Tue, 01 May 2012 08:03 Go to previous message
mixinlady
Baron
That's a great story. I have never won a radio contest, mainly because I don't listen to the radio all too much. I do remember trying to participate in one when I was a teen, though. It involved driving around my town and attempting to locate a hidden thousand dollars!
Previous Topic: Radio game
Next Topic: Static!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:36:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout