Home » Audio » Craftsmen » easy bath setup
easy bath setup [message #72193] Tue, 17 April 2012 13:01 Go to next message
maggie is currently offline  maggie
Chancellor
I want to get some speakers built into a new bath (full bath) that we are going to have built off our master bedroom. Who has done this before? We are dropping a good 30K into the house for remodels and I would love to keep this new mini project simple but its something we have never done before. The room will not be too hard and it will be sound proof but I guess I am looking for a smaller to mid-sized setup. Help? Laughing
Re: easy bath setup [message #72294 is a reply to message #72193] Fri, 20 April 2012 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
I'd definitely want ceiling speakers in a bathroom, because they'll interact far less with the negative acoustical environment than wall-mount or standalone speakers. Though I've installed other types of waterproof speakers, I've not personally dealt with waterproof ceiling speakers. So, I really can't offer any advice in that regard, other than Pyle and MTX are the brands that seem to be the most popular.

http://www.proacousticsusa.com/products.php?sId=1082

Thermionic
Re: easy bath setup [message #72413 is a reply to message #72193] Fri, 27 April 2012 16:37 Go to previous message
mixinlady
Baron
This sounds like a very interesting idea. So I guess you have enough bathrooms to go around that sacrificing one tub won't hurt your household?
Previous Topic: PSD2002 or B&C DE250
Next Topic: Soldering & Ventilation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:56:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout