Home » Audio » Home Theater » TV Speakers Without a Receiver?
TV Speakers Without a Receiver? [message #72188] Tue, 17 April 2012 11:24 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
My in-laws just got a new TV and complain that it's too quiet (personally I don't think it's the TV Razz). They want to hook up a couple cheap external speakers but don't want to pay for a receiver. Does anyone know of a cheap amplifier/speaker solution that doesn't involve a receiver?
Re: TV Speakers Without a Receiver? [message #72192 is a reply to message #72188] Tue, 17 April 2012 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maggie is currently offline  maggie
Chancellor
Have you looked into any self powered speakers? I have seen a few advertised online but personally I have no hands on experience with them though I do see others talking about them as if they would work if you are in a pinch. Do they visit often? Maybe something simple like this work.
Re: TV Speakers Without a Receiver? [message #72224 is a reply to message #72192] Wed, 18 April 2012 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I've seen a couple 2.1 sound bars but that's it. They cost $100 and my in-laws don't want to spend that much. It's for their TV at home but they always ask us to select their electronics for them.
Re: TV Speakers Without a Receiver? [message #72233 is a reply to message #72188] Wed, 18 April 2012 15:02 Go to previous message
maggie is currently offline  maggie
Chancellor
If you can get a few different types together you might be able to spend and hour or two surfing to find good deals. Lately I have been using drop shippers for a few things that we needed around the house. Advice wise, make sure the DS is actually legit (there are a few scammers floating around) but most times you can drop the price by a good 40%.
Previous Topic: HDMI
Next Topic: How far apart for speakers from home theater
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 20:56:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout