Home » Audio » General » Pan Flutes
Pan Flutes [message #71841] Mon, 19 March 2012 07:52 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
What do you think of pan flutes? Are you a friend or foe?

They are ok and can sound nice, although I can no longer think of pan flutes without thinking of that South Park episode. Laughing
Re: Pan Flutes [message #71855 is a reply to message #71841] Tue, 20 March 2012 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I watch South Park regularly, but I'm not sure which episode you're speaking of, nor am I familiar with pan flutes. Do they sound like regular flutes?
Re: Pan Flutes [message #71896 is a reply to message #71841] Fri, 23 March 2012 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AdrianG is currently offline  AdrianG
Baron
I remember that South Park episode, that was a good one! The boys joined the Peruvian pan flute craze and started a pan flute band of their own.

I heard a pan flute band live once, they were performing in a public square. I thought the music was pleasant enough, and a friend of mine even bought a CD. My only criticism is that a lot of it seems to sound the same, but I think that's true with many genres.
Re: Pan Flutes [message #71997 is a reply to message #71841] Wed, 04 April 2012 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I know what you mean about it all sounding the same, Adrian. I'm not really a fan of pan flutes myself.

I will have to look for that episode though; that sounds funny!
Re: Pan Flutes [message #82272 is a reply to message #71841] Mon, 21 March 2016 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Pan flutes bring to mind Jethro Tull for me. Every time I hear a Jethro Tull song with a flute in it, I half expect to see fairies and gnomes jumping out of the shrubbery and dancing. Laughing
Re: Pan Flutes [message #93452 is a reply to message #71841] Fri, 09 April 2021 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KalebTheAudioGuy is currently offline  KalebTheAudioGuy
Baron
I love pan flutes. There is something eerie and beautiful about the sound. It also brings to mind the god Pan and the beautiful Robert Frost poem "Pan with Us". I've included a link to the poem below!

https://poets.org/poem/pan-us
Re: Pan Flutes [message #93457 is a reply to message #93452] Fri, 09 April 2021 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently online  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
For me it always looked like those flutes resembled a rack of ribs. So I'd say eat em instead of playing them. I can take them in short bursts. But they invoke some swami type religious music vibe I can't take for an extended time.
Re: Pan Flutes [message #93465 is a reply to message #71841] Fri, 09 April 2021 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Remember those "Zamfir" TV commercials about 10 years ago?

The artist is probably awesome but those commercials were just too damn gay.
Re: Pan Flutes [message #94046 is a reply to message #71841] Sat, 17 July 2021 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
The sound is soothing, and the essence of tradition it exudes makes me like it more. Although it appears simple, the music it can create gives an ancient feeling. I'd only like to hear it playing meditative and mellow sounds, though.
Re: Pan Flutes [message #94050 is a reply to message #94046] Sat, 17 July 2021 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PinkHair is currently offline  PinkHair
Chancellor
I really like pan flutes. I've wanted to learn how to play one for a while, but there are so many instruments I want to learn! I find the sound of the pan flute to be very soothing and calming. I like to listen to pan flute music when I'm falling asleep.
Previous Topic: Art (Music) And Science
Next Topic: Narrating Books / Voice Acting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:19:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout