Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2012
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72277 is a reply to message #69582] Fri, 20 April 2012 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny Richie is currently offline  Danny Richie
Baron
Keith,

You should drag your measuring system around room to room. Take a 1 meter gated response showing speaker response only. Then move back to the listening position and show the response of the left speaker and right speaker (independently) with the room reflections.

I think it would be an interesting learning experience for many and might help sell your measuring system.
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72278 is a reply to message #72277] Fri, 20 April 2012 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think that's a wonderful idea in principle, but maybe a little bit annoying for the attendees. The measurement signal is not particularly pleasant to hear. I think most people will probably want to hear music instead of MLS bursts.

Still, I think it's a great idea, especially maybe after hours for those that are interested. Seems like Friday afternoons are perfect for this too, while everyone is getting dialed in. But Saturday afternoon would be kind of rough.

Here's mine: (scroll down to the "Vertical Nulls" link to see a video of the S&L system in action.)
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72284 is a reply to message #69582] Fri, 20 April 2012 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keith Larson is currently offline  Keith Larson
Baron
I can easily make rounds with my laptop and a tester in tow. I can recall my own LSAF experience with my line source subs producing a rather big hotel room bump and dip. Not having any room treatment, the only option was to move the subs around to clear it up. Anyhow, all that is needed is an RCA line input into the system.

FWIW, the software supports MLS, noise, chirp and a sawtooth impulse. IMO, the impulse is a lot less annoying to listen to. And, in the new version signals can now be summed together and spectrum shaped. Look for "New Signal Types and Combining Signals" in the V6 release notes.

http://www.woofertester.com/v6_notes_release.pdf
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72298 is a reply to message #69582] Sat, 21 April 2012 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maurice1201 is currently offline  Maurice1201
Esquire

Well, my GF has to work that weekend, so she can't go with me Sad

I'll ask my brother & see if he wants to go.

Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72299 is a reply to message #69582] Sat, 21 April 2012 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seijinaudio
Esquire
Bringing our reference stands from Custom Isolation

index.php?t=getfile&id=763&private=0

Speakers are going to be Linn Majik 140's

Best Regards.

Joshua Masongsong - Owner

801-837-0111 Main / 801-803-2757 Cell / jmasongsong@seijinaudio.com Email / www.seijinaudio.com

Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72306 is a reply to message #69582] Sat, 21 April 2012 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vinyl Anachronist is currently offline  Vinyl Anachronist
Esquire
We will be bringing the Unison Research CDE tubed CD player with us for the Polk room, along with the Unison Research Nuovo integrated amplifier. The CDE has the optional optical DAC and features four ECC83 valves in the output stage.
  • Attachment: cde1.png
    (Size: 24.38KB, Downloaded 423 times)

Marc Phillips, Partner
Colleen Cardas Imports
US Distributor for Opera Loudsepakers and Unison Research
512 262 6280
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72378 is a reply to message #69582] Wed, 25 April 2012 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vapor1 is currently offline  Vapor1
Esquire
Vapor Audio will be there again this year! It's looking to be a much improved show over last year, and I'm very much looking forward to it!

I might end up having two rooms. I'm looking at the Frisco conference room, which is unfortunately at the far end of the hotel past the breakfast area and pool. But I think I can setup enough signage that people will find me. And then if I do get a conference room, I'll try and bring some help so that I can setup and run another room in my sleeping room.

Companies I would represent:

Vapor Audio - likely a pair of Cirrus and Breeze, and also a new design called Cirrus White
BMC Electronics - their stereo amp called S1 and DAC called DAC1
Antipodes cables
Arte Forma - their KT88 based tube integrated called Else MkII
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72388 is a reply to message #69582] Wed, 25 April 2012 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seijinaudio
Esquire
One last update before the show I promise Very Happy

I will be representing our newest line from Jolida fresh from the factory.

For demo will be the following

JD9 Tubed phonostage on a Linn Majik LP12 Turntable
JD10A CD Player
JD202A Integrated amplifier

Cheers!

Best Regards.

Joshua Masongsong - Owner

801-837-0111 Main / 801-803-2757 Cell / jmasongsong@seijinaudio.com Email / www.seijinaudio.com

Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72389 is a reply to message #72388] Wed, 25 April 2012 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, It looks like this will be a great fest. Last year was our first and we enjoyed it a lot. This year seems to be even bigger with lots of good things to see and hear. We will have the full line of products from the 1 watt / channel Alpha to a pair of the KT120 mono blocks. We will have several of the line stage preamps and a pair of the phono preamps. Everything is as before all valves in the active circuitry. Main source will be vinyl with CD and Blue Ray for backup. I expect to roll in Thursday PM so look me up if you get a chance. The gear will not be set up until Friday though.

Bruce Heran
Oddwatt Audio

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72394 is a reply to message #69582] Thu, 26 April 2012 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Danny Richie is currently offline  Danny Richie
Baron
I thought that I would post this update here as well.

There was some talk about me hosting a little after hours small two way speaker shoot out but I it hasn't materialized yet.

I contacted the local YG Acoustics dealer but he did not have any more Carmels on hand. Otherwise he was interested. YG Acoustics has been pushing some head to head comparisons in the past.

If any of you guys come up with some top level monitors or small floor standing speakers and want to do something like that then let me know. I do have a larger sized room that will be well treated. I'll have some top level gear there in my room as well. So it makes for a nice location.

It looks like I'll once again be showing with a pair of Super-V's. So if you guys have still not had a chance to hear a pair, now is your chance.
Previous Topic: Speakers in the Odd Watt room?
Next Topic: LSAF 2013
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:41:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout