Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2012
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #71497 is a reply to message #71492] Thu, 23 February 2012 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
gofar99 wrote on Thu, 23 February 2012 14:12
Hi, Cool what is the sensitivity?

The Mark Audio Alpair 10 driver is advertised as an 87dB sensitivity driver. In my relatively small listening room (about the size of the rooms at the LSAF) it plays satisfyingly loud with a 3.5 watt 2A3 amp. Bob Brines has developed a similar MLTL enclosure for the Alpair 10 driver, and he suggests about 20-30w/ch for adequate headroom.

http://brinesacoustics.com/Pages/M10-A10/Main.html
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #71541 is a reply to message #69582] Sun, 26 February 2012 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny Richie is currently offline  Danny Richie
Baron
Hey guys,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are planning on being there for this years show.

I am sorry that myself and all my colleges weren't able to make it last year, but our good friend Gary Dodd was not doing well last year with life threatening health issues, and it just wouldn't have felt right to be there showing without him.

Gary is good now. So full force again this year.

I think I will have some really cool new products there for this year. Dodd Audio will have some new products too.

I'll also try to really get behind this show and try drive people to come. So it will be discussed in my forum at Audio Circle leading up to show time with pics information of new products etc.

I hope to see many people there.
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #71635 is a reply to message #71541] Fri, 02 March 2012 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Danny Richie wrote on Sun, 26 February 2012 17:38
Hey guys,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are planning on being there for this years show... I think I will have some really cool new products there for this year. Dodd Audio will have some new products too... I'll also try to really get behind this show and try drive people to come. So it will be discussed in my forum at Audio Circle leading up to show time with pics information of new products etc.

Danny, I think it's great that you and Gary and friends will be returning. Your exhibits a couple of years ago were some of the best sounding I've heard at any show including the RMAF. Your participation will be helpful to me in convincing my Houston Audio Society friends it's worth the drive to Dallas.

I'm glad to see you plan to "get behind this show". The LSAF isn't anything like the big commercial shows, and most of us want it to retain it's character, but I still believe we need to increase the number visitors (and exhibitors) to achieve a critical mass. Your return is a great help in this direction.

The LSAF isn't a show that can buy ad space in Stereophile and TAS, and it's success depends on the exhibitors promoting it. I'm hoping all the other folks who plan to exhibit this year will start promoting the show as you plan to do, with discussions and pictures of the products they plan to bring posted on the various audio forums. With only two months to go we all need to start creating some excitement about this fun event.
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #71638 is a reply to message #71635] Fri, 02 March 2012 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's the spirit! Absolutely, I agree! The strength of the show depends on each exhibitor promoting their own rooms.

It's our show - not put together by a promoter - so we get out of it what we put into it. This is not a "for profit" show like all the others, so it depends on our sweat equity, our promotional efforts, our messageboard discussions and other ways of getting the word out. I really like it, because it is easy to participate, all-inclusive, and it feels more honest to me that way.

And to Danny, sorry, I don't know how I missed your post or I would have extended a hand to you and Gary sooner.

Welcome back!

OddWatt Audio At The 2012 LSAF [message #71679 is a reply to message #69582] Tue, 06 March 2012 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm officially OddWatt Audio's newest fanboy! Very Happy

Saturday I hit the "order" button for a Poddwatt kit, which I plan to use with my Oppo BDP-95 player and Jim Griffin's Mark Audio Alpair 10.2 equipped mass loaded single driver speakers at the Lone Star Audio Fest. I borrowed this little amp for a couple of hours at last year's LSAF, and I liked it so much I knew that I would eventually be getting one.

Bruce, have you decided what you will bring? I would expect to see the ForeWatt, the OddBlocks, and the KT-120 OBHO's. Any other Odd products we should look forward to hearing?

It's always Odd to hear from you. Laughing
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #71717 is a reply to message #71638] Fri, 09 March 2012 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator

Just got confirmation from two more exhibitors:
The exhibitor's page is getting mighty full. Looks like we'll have another great show this year!

Re: LSAF 2012 [message #71807 is a reply to message #71717] Fri, 16 March 2012 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
Just booked my room. I will be bringing the Mark Audio Alpair 10.2 MLTL's that Fred alluded to. Also, I am expecting to bring a pair of 18" H-frame woofers. The tops will be Alpair 7.3's, possibly OB, but as a fall-back, the same little TL's I brought last year. This year's amp will be the Topping TP-60, a ~30w/ch (at 8Ω) T-amp.

Two requests:
1. I would like to try a ~5w/ch SE amp on these speakers if someone could bring one by for some tests.
2. If someone could spell me for an hour or so on Saturday so I could look around, I'd appreciate it.

Bob
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #71813 is a reply to message #71807] Sat, 17 March 2012 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Bob, Someone will most likely bring a SE for you to try, but we (Oddwatt Audio) will have at least one spare "Poddwatt" with us. 5 watts per channel P-P U/L class A. Usually sounds great on efficient systems. Pretty good on ones about 90 dbw as long as you don't push it.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #71815 is a reply to message #71813] Sat, 17 March 2012 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
Thanks for the offer. I would like to take you up on that. I have a Jef Larson 6BQ7 p-p that runs about 9w/ch. I would like to try some other tube amps and in particular a SE because of its inherently high Z. I design my speakers for low Z amps and I need to hear what my speakers sound like on a high Z amp. It seems that a lot of single-driver speaker fans are also fans of low power SE amps.

Bob
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #71826 is a reply to message #69582] Sun, 18 March 2012 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Maurice1201 is currently offline  Maurice1201
Esquire

Hi Fellas, I am new to the audiofest community. What entails during the fest at the hotel? Can I bring my own stereo set-up to demo for other enthusiasts in my own room?
Previous Topic: Speakers in the Odd Watt room?
Next Topic: LSAF 2013
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:20:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout