Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Terrazzo Floors
Terrazzo Floors [message #71665] Sun, 04 March 2012 16:22 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Have any of you recorded or listened in a room with terrazzo floors? Did you notice any difference between terrazzo or other types of hard flooring?
Re: Terrazzo Floors [message #71667 is a reply to message #71665] Sun, 04 March 2012 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Wiz is currently offline  The Wiz
Chancellor
That's an interesting question. I like terrazzo flooring, but I've never thought if it much in terms of acoustics. What brought this up, do you have a project that actually involves a room with terrazzo floors?
Re: Terrazzo Floors [message #72040 is a reply to message #71665] Fri, 06 April 2012 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rogerking is currently offline  rogerking
Chancellor
We are remodeling our house and I have a feeling we might end up with more than we bargained for. No idea why but for some reason flooring did not factor into the room we use as a the main media area. Anything I should look out for?
Re: Terrazzo Floors [message #72169 is a reply to message #71667] Mon, 16 April 2012 13:25 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The Wiz wrote on Sun, 04 March 2012 23:58
That's an interesting question. I like terrazzo flooring, but I've never thought if it much in terms of acoustics. What brought this up, do you have a project that actually involves a room with terrazzo floors?

No, I don't have a project but I'm looking at houses. Most of them were built in the 60s and apparently terrazzo floors were big back then.
Previous Topic: Ceiling?
Next Topic: The importance of the size of the room
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:08:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout