Home » Audio » Home Theater » Are you a high definition "snob"?
Are you a high definition "snob"? [message #71630] Thu, 01 March 2012 20:34 Go to next message
The Wiz is currently offline  The Wiz
Chancellor
Some people I know will pretty much refuse to watch anything if it's not in high definition. It amazes me that we've come to this point. I strongly prefer high def of course, especially for movies and sports, but I can still watch a comedy show happily in standard definition. Where are you on this spectrum, can you no longer stand regular TV?
Re: Are you a high definition "snob"? [message #71642 is a reply to message #71630] Fri, 02 March 2012 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I greatly prefer high definition, but I will watch something in standard if it's something I feel like watching. It can be really distracting though.
Re: Are you a high definition "snob"? [message #71751 is a reply to message #71630] Wed, 14 March 2012 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes, I have become a bit of a snob. I won't refuse to watch something in standard definition, but I'll go out of my way to get a high def version if it's possible.
Re: Are you a high definition "snob"? [message #71756 is a reply to message #71751] Wed, 14 March 2012 13:19 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's how I am too. It's kind of annoying to watch grainy, fuzzy low-res material on a large screen TV. Not so bad on a little screen because of scaling, but low-res on a large screen gets really ugly.

Previous Topic: Ruined system horror stories
Next Topic: Portable iPod Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 30 15:15:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout