Home » Audio » Source » Displaying Vinyl
Displaying Vinyl [message #71383] Thu, 16 February 2012 18:10 Go to next message
LeeLee is currently offline  LeeLee
Chancellor
I have quite a record collection, and I would like to put them on display. Right now, they are housed in crates. I want some kind of cabinet, with glass. Anything will do, I guess. How are your records displayed?
Re: Displaying Vinyl [message #71392 is a reply to message #71383] Thu, 16 February 2012 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi A long as they are vertical (not leaning) and not subject to heat or such pretty much anything is OK. You can stack them horizontally, but if you leave them that way a long time the jackets will tend to stick together and the images will come off some.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Displaying Vinyl [message #72372 is a reply to message #71383] Wed, 25 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
I just have mine vertically on a shelf. I've been stacking them that way since the 70's when I started buying them. Never had a problem with warping or anything else.
Re: Displaying Vinyl [message #74566 is a reply to message #71383] Sat, 24 November 2012 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I have mine on a shelf that you can access from 2 different rooms. They're vertical as well which is how I've always stored them. Some of the better one's I want to start framing and putting on walls though with maybe some accent lighting.
Re: Displaying Vinyl [message #74952 is a reply to message #71383] Sat, 15 December 2012 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srdmind is currently offline  srdmind
Chancellor
I had my favorite first edition records framed, I don't even play those. For the others I have a shelf, where they're grouped by alphabetical order, makes my life a whole lot easier.
Re: Displaying Vinyl [message #75120 is a reply to message #74566] Tue, 01 January 2013 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Kingfish wrote on Sat, 24 November 2012 22:03
I have mine on a shelf that you can access from 2 different rooms. They're vertical as well which is how I've always stored them. Some of the better one's I want to start framing and putting on walls though with maybe some accent lighting.

This sounds absolutely awesome! Did you happen upon a property that had shelving like that already installed, or did you knock out a wall and build the shelving yourself?
Re: Displaying Vinyl [message #75129 is a reply to message #71383] Tue, 01 January 2013 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
LeeLee wrote on Thu, 16 February 2012 18:10
I have quite a record collection, and I would like to put them on display. Right now, they are housed in crates. I want some kind of cabinet, with glass. Anything will do, I guess. How are your records displayed?

I don't know how many records you have, but have you ever thought about something like a China cabinet? Rather than displaying fine China, you could display your records vertically.

Just a thought. Wink
Re: Displaying Vinyl [message #76797 is a reply to message #71383] Sun, 19 May 2013 04:27 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
That's not a bad idea ilove. Regular bookcases can do as well. The trick is to find something big enough to where you can display those albums "front out" so you can see the cover art.
Previous Topic: Tapes
Next Topic: $9500 XLR Cable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:16:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout