Home » xyzzy » Tower » The controversy surrounding Obama's birth control policy
The controversy surrounding Obama's birth control policy [message #71306] Thu, 09 February 2012 00:42 Go to next message
Miranda Starr is currently offline  Miranda Starr
Chancellor
One thing I keep hearing about is how Catholics are upset with the mandate for birth control in Catholic hospitals. As a Catholic, I'll admit that I'm a bit torn with this issue. I think our church should have the right to determine its own policies. I also think we're on a slippery slope if we allow the federal government to dictate every social issue like this.

On the other hand, it's just birth control. Almost everyone uses it now, including many Catholics. Is it really worth spending much time on this, when there are greater problems in our society?
Re: The controversy surrounding Obama's birth control policy [message #71344 is a reply to message #71306] Fri, 10 February 2012 14:20 Go to previous message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Obama announced today that the Catholic employers will no longer have to pay for the birth control, but can opt out. In those cases, the insurance companies will then be responsible for providing contraception. I think it's really important that women have the access they need.
Previous Topic: Story With A Happy Ending
Next Topic: The Future of Capitalism
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:12:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout