Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi 4 vs Bob Crites Cornscala
Pi 4 vs Bob Crites Cornscala [message #71294] Wed, 08 February 2012 14:29 Go to next message
bchristmas is currently offline  bchristmas
Esquire
Hello All,

Has anyone compared the Pi 4 to any of the Bob Crites Cornscala versions?

I had forgotten about the Pi Line of speakers, but a friend had asked if I knew of any good bookshelf speakers that were very efficient, had a reasonable driver size and didn't break the bank, so I looked under my favorites and low and behold there was Pi. I shot off an email to my friend on the 1 & 2 Pi's and focused my attention on the remaining speakers, I quickly narrowed down the list to the 3 & 4 Pi's and the corner speakers, but those wouldn't work because I don't have a complete corner on one wall of my living room, so I settled on the Pi 4's.

Any help on the sonic comparisons would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Bernard
Re: Pi 4 vs Bob Crites Cornscala [message #71296 is a reply to message #71294] Wed, 08 February 2012 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I had never heard of that speaker until you mentioned it here. But after looking it over, I can say I am familiar with it's drivers and design approach. While I do not think I should comment on it, I would suggest you might compare measurements of the two designs. Here's ours:
Re: Pi 4 vs Bob Crites Cornscala [message #71322 is a reply to message #71296] Thu, 09 February 2012 16:29 Go to previous message
chrisR is currently offline  chrisR
Baron
Hi Wayne,
These Cornscala's are essentially what I ended up with for one set of speakers I have.
I had bought a pair of empty Cornwall boxes for $50
and stuffed them with mostly extra parts I had around.
I'd never heard of this guy either. No idea if they are anywhere near technically correct, but I like how they sound. They are the left/right for my 5.0 setup. Don't need no stinkin' subwoofers with these babies! :^)

Chris
Previous Topic: Two Pi plans
Next Topic: 18mm Baltic Birch for 1pi: Quick Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 15 17:14:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers