Home » Audio » Source » MP3 Players in Stores
MP3 Players in Stores [message #71240] Mon, 06 February 2012 09:08 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Have you tried shopping for an mp3 player in Walmart or Target lately? Unless you want an iPod, you are out of luck! The lack of choice there is annoying, but I guess that is what Best Buy is for.
Re: MP3 Players in Stores [message #71246 is a reply to message #71240] Mon, 06 February 2012 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miranda Starr is currently offline  Miranda Starr
Chancellor
You're right, it's becoming harder to find less popular items in general stores like Walmart and Target. It's particularly annoying for me because my closest Best Buy is nearly forty minutes away. One thing I've noticed is that you may be able to find a larger selection at a store's website. If you order online, they'll usually ship to your local store for free.
Re: MP3 Players in Stores [message #71357 is a reply to message #71240] Sun, 12 February 2012 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LeeLee is currently offline  LeeLee
Chancellor
During Christmas, I tried to find a karoake machine at Walmart. Nothing fancy, just something to play around with. I could not find anything there! I guess Walmart only wants to stock the newest items.
Re: MP3 Players in Stores [message #71362 is a reply to message #71240] Mon, 13 February 2012 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carson is currently offline  Carson
Chancellor
I have not looked around for an MP3 player, because I forgot they were still around. I think most stores try to only stock what is popular at the moment, because most people want products that have just came out.
Re: MP3 Players in Stores [message #71774 is a reply to message #71240] Wed, 14 March 2012 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jammin_nmy_livinroom is currently offline  jammin_nmy_livinroom
Chancellor
Chicken wrote on Mon, 06 February 2012 09:08
Have you tried shopping for an mp3 player in Walmart or Target lately? Unless you want an iPod, you are out of luck! The lack of choice there is annoying, but I guess that is what Best Buy is for.

I know what you mean. The last time I went shopping for an MP3 player, Wal Mart only had iPods and Zune players. I ended up going with an iPod, simply because I was already familiar with iTunes at the time, but it would have been nice to have had more of a selection to choose from.
Re: MP3 Players in Stores [message #71822 is a reply to message #71774] Sun, 18 March 2012 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
I just bought one for work and I got a Samsung one at Walmart. They do have a very poor selection though. They only had two that were not Ipods. If you look on the Walmart and Target websites they have a lot more selection to choose from.
Re: MP3 Players in Stores [message #71829 is a reply to message #71822] Sun, 18 March 2012 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jammin_nmy_livinroom is currently offline  jammin_nmy_livinroom
Chancellor
I think I'll do more web based shopping next time, since Wal Mart and Target both have more selections online. Hopefully I won't have to buy another mp3 player anytime soon, though, as the one I bought has 160 GB of storage space!
Re: MP3 Players in Stores [message #71837 is a reply to message #71829] Sun, 18 March 2012 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I have a Sony NWZ-E344. It was about $50 and is really great. All the features you might want does several audio and video formats. Rechargeable and battery life is about 30 hours of continuous music. Even the phones that came with it were OK. Came from Best Buy.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: MP3 Players in Stores [message #72345 is a reply to message #71240] Mon, 23 April 2012 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
I've had luck finding MP3 players at Toys R Us. I know it's an odd place to buy them. They have a ton of different MP3 players. I bought a Sony one there last December.

Let's chat!
Re: MP3 Players in Stores [message #72350 is a reply to message #71240] Tue, 24 April 2012 06:47 Go to previous message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
I'm learning that harder to find electronics like that are easier to find online. Target and Walt-Mart only have general selections of everything, so unless it's a new model of something they probably don't have it anymore.
Previous Topic: CD writer help
Next Topic: Internet connection required on Blu-Ray Discs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:54:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio