Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi plans
4 Pi plans [message #71095] Wed, 25 January 2012 13:36 Go to next message
mgalusha is currently offline  mgalusha
Chancellor
Hi Wayne, I would really love to build a set of the 4 π speakers and have a set of JBL 2226H, so I'm part of the way there. I also have some subs under my current speakers (Geddes Abbeys) that I'll use, so if I could get a set of plans that would be great.

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm.

Mike

Mike G.
Re: 4 Pi plans [message #71096 is a reply to message #71095] Wed, 25 January 2012 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

Re: 4 Pi plans [message #71097 is a reply to message #71096] Wed, 25 January 2012 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Very much appreciated Wayne, thanks!

Mike

Mike G.
Re: 4 Pi plans [message #71098 is a reply to message #71095] Wed, 25 January 2012 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tom-m is currently offline  tom-m
Baron
Hi Mike,
I was wondering, since you have a pair of Abbeys, why you are building the 4pi? Are you wanting to compare them? Just curious.

Tom
Re: 4 Pi plans [message #71099 is a reply to message #71098] Wed, 25 January 2012 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
tom-m wrote on Wed, 25 January 2012 14:14

I was wondering, since you have a pair of Abbeys, why you are building the 4pi? Are you wanting to compare them? Just curious.

Tom,

I rather like the idea of the larger woofer and more controlled vertical dispersion. As I have a pair of woofers it seems like an interesting project for not a terrible investment and no matter what happens I'll learn something. If I had known of these before building the Abbey's I might never have built those (mine are one of the first pairs) but I didn't and I've been wanting to hear them since I was first made aware of the design. Many years ago, perhaps 10, I remember Wayne's speakers at Midwest Audio Fest in Dayton OH and though the details have faded I remember the beautiful wood horns and that I liked the room.

Mike

Mike G.
Re: 4 Pi plans [message #75038 is a reply to message #71099] Sun, 23 December 2012 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nelson Bass
Baron
Did you built the 4pi's and if so, how do they compare to the Abbeys?
Re: 4 Pi plans [message #75063 is a reply to message #75038] Thu, 27 December 2012 22:02 Go to previous message
Chancellor
Nelson Bass wrote on Sun, 23 December 2012 06:42
Did you built the 4pi's and if so, how do they compare to the Abbeys?

Not yet. I got side tracked on another project. Rather I got sucked in by a pair of Beyma TPL-150H tweeters and I used one pair of my JBL 2226H woofers. I did base the crossover on Wayne's 4 Pi design, I couldn't see reinventing the wheel since he's already sorted out how to make the JBL's work great. Of course the HF section required changes as the Beyma is not a compression driver but I did employ what I learned from reading Wayne's writings on crossover design. Pretty happy with the results but will likely build my 4 pi in the spring. I still have all the parts. Smile

Mike

Mike G.
Previous Topic: Midrange horn shape in Pi cornerhorn
Next Topic: 3pi, smaller cab possible?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:28:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers