Home » Audio » Radio » What radio do you recommend??
What radio do you recommend?? [message #70946] Tue, 10 January 2012 09:29 Go to next message
argyll99 is currently offline  argyll99
Esquire
Hi,

I live in Argyll in Western Scotland where it is just about impossible to listen to the radio unless we listen via our TV and our Sky dish.

I need to buy a radio (non DAB) which is capable of picking up stations on LW, MW, AM, FM (or whichever wavelengths are now used).

Can someone recommend a good radio which can pick up weak signals and make them audible? It needs to have an excellent aerial.

SG
Re: What radio do you recommend?? [message #71160 is a reply to message #70946] Tue, 31 January 2012 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Since you obviously have internet capabilities, why not listen to music online? You can check out Pandora, which allows you to create your own station; you select some songs/artists that you like and it populates with those as well as similar music that you may like.
Re: What radio do you recommend?? [message #71161 is a reply to message #70946] Tue, 31 January 2012 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Try looking into one of the products carried "Crane" electronics on the web. They have several radios that may fit the bill. Not cheap, but then, nothing is anymore.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: What radio do you recommend?? [message #71165 is a reply to message #71161] Tue, 31 January 2012 11:00 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I second the vote for C. Crane Company. But then, if you're a little bit nostalgic, find an old Zenith TransOceanic in good condition. It will cost about $200 USD on eBay. You would be surprised with the quality - It will hold its own against modern radios in selectivity and sensitivity. I have a couple of them, see the pictures at the link below:
Previous Topic: SoundHound
Next Topic: It's like beating a dead horse - radio today
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:38:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout