Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Smartphones and safety
Smartphones and safety [message #70844] Thu, 05 January 2012 15:57 Go to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
I keep reading that there will be more "Smartphone" hacking in 2012. This is something I never really thought about before. I guess if you are using your smartphone like you would a computer then it could get hacked into. What are you doing to be sure this is not happening? How are you protecting your information when using your phone? We have anti-virus protection and anti spyware on our computers, we don't on our phones. What a mess this is!
Re: Smartphones and safety [message #72425 is a reply to message #70844] Sat, 28 April 2012 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mixinlady
Baron
The viruses go where the traffic is, so if this truly becomes a huge problem for smartphones, I'm sure they'll come out with some sort of program to protect them. In the meantime, avoid using your phone to visit websites of a personal nature, like banks.
Re: Smartphones and safety [message #72437 is a reply to message #72425] Sun, 29 April 2012 10:32 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Yes a serious problem. Confused Two things are key - one don't use the smart phone (like many do) to do banking and such. Second there are anti virus aps. I use the one by AVG on my phone. There are several others.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Are you enjoying an early spring?
Next Topic: Spring Cleaning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:23:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout