Home » xyzzy » Tower » Babies Are Weird
Babies Are Weird [message #70840] Thu, 05 January 2012 14:23 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well they are. When the TV or other noises are at low or midlevel volumes, they can't sleep. When the noise level is through the roof, they pass right out! I can't figure out why.
Re: Babies Are Weird [message #71197 is a reply to message #70840] Thu, 02 February 2012 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spinright is currently offline  spinright
Chancellor
My youngest just did this to me today! I had music blaring while he was in the swing, zonked right out. When I tried to put him in his crib a few minutes prior, though, he wanted nothing to do with sleeping. Confused
Re: Babies Are Weird [message #71669 is a reply to message #70840] Mon, 05 March 2012 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Wiz is currently offline  The Wiz
Chancellor
I completely understand this, it isn't just true for babies! When the volume is reasonable, it's easier to get lulled into listening. At really high levels, it becomes more like background noise. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it. Razz
Re: Babies Are Weird [message #72421 is a reply to message #70840] Sat, 28 April 2012 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
likearecordbaby
Baron
I read recently in a baby magazine that this is due to the conditions they experienced in the womb. A low-level sound simply doesn't cut it for baby to head off to dreamland.
Re: Babies Are Weird [message #72440 is a reply to message #70840] Sun, 29 April 2012 12:40 Go to previous message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
That actually makes a lot of sense Likearecord. The noises that they heard in the womb were probably fairly well muffled to them. I know one thing my youngest hates the sound of the vaccum cleaner!
Previous Topic: Economic recovery???
Next Topic: Health exams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:25:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout