Home » Audio » Speaker » Speaker Wire Question
Speaker Wire Question [message #70830] Thu, 05 January 2012 09:23 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
When you need longer speaker wire than you currently have, do you rerun a longer length of wire, or do you strip the ends, wrap two cables together, and tape it up with electrical tape?
Re: Speaker Wire Question [message #70834 is a reply to message #70830] Thu, 05 January 2012 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I don't know about anyone else, but I always run a new length. Also, if the length is really much longer, I'll go to the next size up for the wires. I know that there are considerable feelings Confused about types (skinny / thick, stranded / solid conductor and so on) as to what to do here. What I do works for me. Presently I am using 15 feet of 14 gauge stranded twisted pair wires on each speaker. The speakers are efficient and the max input per speaker is under 25 watts.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Speaker Wire Question [message #70855 is a reply to message #70830] Fri, 06 January 2012 11:35 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes I can understand going up to the next size. I only needed a couple more feet, so I picked the lazy way as described above, but it's bothering me a little, so I may run a new length.
Previous Topic: Looking for new speakers
Next Topic: Car speakers/subwoofers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 10:59:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout