Home » Audio » Pro Sound » FL Studio aka Music-Making Programs
FL Studio aka Music-Making Programs [message #70813] Wed, 04 January 2012 18:47 Go to next message
GuitarStrings is currently offline  GuitarStrings
Baron
I recently bought the full version of FL Studio 10, which I bought for the full purposes of making game remixes. I suppose that's a bit of the nerd in me, but after hearing some of the great pieces other people have made, I figured that I needed to give it a shot myself!

My only issue is that, while I have the program, I really don't know how to even start. All I've been doing for the past few hours have been experimenting with various digital instruments. Does anyone else have music programs they use for producing their own works?

The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.
Jimi Hendrix

Re: FL Studio aka Music-Making Programs [message #70954 is a reply to message #70813] Wed, 11 January 2012 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sometimes it takes awhile for inspiration to hit. You have the tools, so just keep experimenting and see what you come up with.

I use ProTools mostly (and sometimes Audacity) when I'm recording or mixing.
Re: FL Studio aka Music-Making Programs [message #71664 is a reply to message #70813] Sun, 04 March 2012 15:34 Go to previous message
Damon73 is currently offline  Damon73
Baron
GuitarStrings wrote on Wed, 04 January 2012 18:47
I recently bought the full version of FL Studio 10, which I bought for the full purposes of making game remixes. I suppose that's a bit of the nerd in me, but after hearing some of the great pieces other people have made, I figured that I needed to give it a shot myself!

My only issue is that, while I have the program, I really don't know how to even start. All I've been doing for the past few hours have been experimenting with various digital instruments. Does anyone else have music programs they use for producing their own works?

I think it's awesome that you're going to make game remixes, that sounds like fun to me. I guess I'm a nerd too!

I agree with Audioaudio90, just be patient with it and you'll be fine. Personally I'm an Audacity fan, but FL Studio is great too.
Previous Topic: Your first real/computer instrument?
Next Topic: Drumsticks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:25:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout