Home » Audio » Craftsmen » All new set up in a shop
All new set up in a shop [message #70664] Thu, 29 December 2011 10:56 Go to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
I've got an electrician cousin who is going to help us with our new set-up in our shop. Our shop is 24x40 and it's a wide open space right now. We are thinking of putting a flat screen TV on 1 wall and a kick-ass stereo system in there too. I want my speakers in the ceiling (TV and stereo). Is this going to be an easy project? Any tips on anything related to it.

Let's chat!
Re: All new set up in a shop [message #70722 is a reply to message #70664] Sun, 01 January 2012 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, It sounds like fun. Smile Whether it is easy may be dependent on exactly what you want to accomplish. I have speakers in my shop ceiling but would never consider them as good as a conventional arrangement. Mine were for convenience and a lack of space. They are flat panel ones designed to go in a suspended ceiling (which I have). Response is excellent, but there is no such thing as good imaging. It is rather un-natural to have the sound come from above. Since you have the option to do what ever you choose now, I would probably go for in wall stuff. Some are rather good. I have conventional speakers in my Media room with free air 15 inch subs in the walls. Super sound.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: All new set up in a shop [message #70738 is a reply to message #70664] Mon, 02 January 2012 18:20 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That's a pretty big space; you will probably run into some reverb issues unless you acoustically treat the room. I also think that in ceiling speakers are not the best way to go for good imaging.
Previous Topic: Necessary Tools
Next Topic: What You Can DIY and What Not?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:50:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio