Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » What do you think about this Pi speaker layout?
What do you think about this Pi speaker layout? [message #70532] Tue, 20 December 2011 23:21 Go to next message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
I'm attaching my attempt (not to scale) of how I would like to arrange 2 Three Pi Speakers and 2 Three Pi Subs. What do you think?

index.php?t=getfile&id=655&private=0

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Re: What do you think about this Pi speaker layout? [message #70535 is a reply to message #70532] Tue, 20 December 2011 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Looks good. The subs flanking the mains will smooth the upper modal range, from ~80-200Hz. In order to do that, low-pass them around 90-120Hz with a gradual slope, second-order preferrably. Let the mains run full range. If there are no noticeable lower frequency modes under 80Hz, then that's all you need. But if you have problems at lower frequency, then you can place a couple subs in the opposite corners or somewhere else in the room, distant from the mains.

Re: What do you think about this Pi speaker layout? [message #70537 is a reply to message #70535] Wed, 21 December 2011 01:50 Go to previous message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
Thanks, I was hoping you would say that. I've never had a listening area with 4 corners on the main wall before.

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Previous Topic: Soundproof Windows
Next Topic: Does this actually work for soundproofing floors?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 01:08:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio