Home » Audio » Radio » The right crowds for the music
The right crowds for the music [message #70366] Sat, 03 December 2011 06:43 Go to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
One of my favorite local bands broke up recently, and I was really devastated! They were a young group and played in a lot of clubs where young people go. The problem was that their music didn't fit with today's crowd. They sounded more like early Rolling Stones. I suppose if they had played to an older crowd, they would have been more successful. Sometimes you have to research the clubs and the type of crowds that frequent them.
Re: The right crowds for the music [message #70371 is a reply to message #70366] Sat, 03 December 2011 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Canzone is currently offline  Canzone
Chancellor
I'm sorry to hear that the band broke up, even though I have most probably never heard them. It must be extremely hard for new music acts to make an impact in the market, given that popular music is so heavily controlled by big record labels.
Re: The right crowds for the music [message #70430 is a reply to message #70366] Thu, 08 December 2011 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Express is currently offline  Express
Chancellor
You really do have to find a way to market to the right crowd. A good band manager should have an understanding of the target audience and how to get that audience to pay attention. It's unfortunate that so many bands fail.
Re: The right crowds for the music [message #70434 is a reply to message #70366] Fri, 09 December 2011 01:10 Go to previous message
Freddy is currently offline  Freddy
Viscount
The tough part about picking the right clubs is that it is often hard to turn down a gig. A friend of mine has a pretty good band, and they'll play almost anywhere if they don't have anything else booked. I think that's not the best idea, since it can hurt their momentum. It's hard to tell that to serious musicians though, they just want to play even if they only have a few fans watching.
Previous Topic: XM vs Sirius
Next Topic: Drive-In movies and the radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:17:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout