Home » Audio » Home Theater » Sony Internet TV Player is awesome!
Sony Internet TV Player is awesome! [message #70244] Tue, 22 November 2011 13:29 Go to next message
Poltroon is currently offline  Poltroon
Chancellor
I just recently purchased a Sony Internet TV Player and I just have to say it's awesome! It play Blu-Ray and also has the new Google TV! I just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyway is still trying to figure out what to get a special someone for Christmas.
Re: Sony Internet TV Player is awesome! [message #70250 is a reply to message #70244] Tue, 22 November 2011 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Which model did you get?

I have a few Roku boxes and a couple Samsung Blu-ray players that have internet streaming video capability. Run 'em all wireless. I'm pretty impressed with them, all-in-all.

My main concern has always been drop-outs and digital stream quality in general. Of course, it rebuffers occasionally and even drops-down to lower res modes sometimes. But it doesn't do it very often. I think the biggest challenge in my case is actually the local wifi quality - keeping a clear channel that isn't getting interference from bumping into a neighbor. The internet connection from the node to my home is good, and the server end seems to usually be pretty fast too. NetFlix has its occasional snafu, but in general, it all works better than I would expect, given the complexity of the network and potential points of failure. I was always skeptical of IP video, but it works pretty well in practice.

Re: Sony Internet TV Player is awesome! [message #70411 is a reply to message #70244] Wed, 07 December 2011 00:36 Go to previous message
Freddy is currently offline  Freddy
Viscount
I agree about NetFlix Wayne, it almost always works fine for me too. I was at my friend's house a while ago and it wasn't working for about half an hour. He was really upset, and said that it should always work since he pays them monthly for it. I thought that was a little unreasonable, but maybe I'm too relaxed about these kinds of things. Rolling Eyes
Previous Topic: Thinking about trying the garage
Next Topic: Kids room
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 03:19:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout