Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Towers (One ready to try)
Re: Towers [message #70270 is a reply to message #70268] Wed, 23 November 2011 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Tonight, playing some Sarah Vaughan and "The Tenor Sax Album" it was 1.8 UX-45 watts driving the 4Pis.

index.php?t=getfile&id=640&private=0

In a month or so, I should have my pair of Mullard/Brown (Steve, that is) KT-88 monoblocs muscling the 4Pis with 50 watts per

index.php?t=getfile&id=637&private=0

Steve got his pair running and really likes the kick drum!

index.php?t=getfile&id=639&private=0

It's all good and now that the Mullard parts are paid for, I may order that 250 watt Solid Waste kit from Class D Audio.
Re: Towers [message #70299 is a reply to message #70270] Sat, 26 November 2011 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I ran my Towers when I was using them as my mains with a 50WPC NAD C320Bee amp. I could run the amp right up to just short of max volume before it started clipping. I mean shake pictures off the walls, literally!!! When SS amps clip you will definitely know it. I also listened to the Towers with a little 0.75W 12B4 SET amp. They would get surprisingly loud with only 3/4 of a watt to work with, much louder than I typically listen to in fact. Also, besides the decent sensitivity of the Towers, their simple crossover is very friendly to flea powered amps.

I've not listened to any of Jack's music, but if it's like most recorded material on CD nowadays, it's compressed within an inch of it's life and tends to sound really bad once the volume goes up. Too much of everything in the mix at the same level.
Re: Towers [message #70783 is a reply to message #70268] Tue, 03 January 2012 19:45 Go to previous message
Dpend is currently offline  Dpend
Baron
played the speaker on my yamaha downstairs and sounded great
My jvc is cutting in and out
sure do like these speakers,well speaker, still gotta finish the other one.
When I ask people which one they hear more they always say the Pi
Can't wait to here them together
Previous Topic: 6 Pi Crossover Questions
Next Topic: 3 Pi Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 07:57:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers