Home » Audio » Swap Meet » Pro-ject DB III with Speedbox Acrylic platter and DL110 (For sale to a good home)
Pro-ject DB III with Speedbox Acrylic platter and DL110 [message #70028] Sat, 05 November 2011 11:15 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi everyone, I have too much stuff. Twisted Evil So I will part with my back up TT to a good home at a fair $$. It is a Pro-ject Debut III with Speedbox and Acrylic Platter with larger counterweight. Includes both the original metal platter, OM5 and a Denon DL110. All are low miles and in perfect shape. I put jacks on the back of the TT to allow use of any cables. The originals aren't all that bad and I still have them. I have the packing box. Original cost of everything (all bought within the last 8 months) was just over $800. This was a tough call as my other TT is a Dual 701. With some mods to the 701 they are roughly equal in performance, the problem is the DB III can't use unshielded cartridges Sad and for some music I prefer the sound of my Grado Reference Platinum I. It is unusable in the DB III. All for $500. Pick up is fine, otherwise I will add UPS insured.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Pro-ject DB III with Speedbox Acrylic platter and DL110 [message #70052 is a reply to message #70028] Mon, 07 November 2011 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Damn, I wish someone would buy these ART arrays cuz I'd be all over that!!!!
Re: Pro-ject DB III with Speedbox Acrylic platter and DL110 [message #70055 is a reply to message #70052] Mon, 07 November 2011 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, Someone needs to help Shane out..... Very Happy

The TT package is great stuff and I like the sound (it was at LSAF in May and acquitted itself well) but I can 't use it with a Grado Crying or Very Sad otherwise I would keep it.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Pro-ject DB III with Speedbox Acrylic platter and DL110 [message #70081 is a reply to message #70055] Wed, 09 November 2011 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
gofar99 wrote on Mon, 07 November 2011 16:28
Hi Everyone, Someone needs to help Shane out..... Very Happy

You NEED a set of ART Arrays for a 2nd setup!!! Very Happy
Re: Pro-ject DB III with Speedbox Acrylic platter and DL110 [message #70084 is a reply to message #70081] Wed, 09 November 2011 21:14 Go to previous message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Funny Very Happy . Unfortunately I have more speakers than I can ever use. Let's see... Martin Logan Vista ESLs, Martin Logan Prefaces, Klipsch KG4, Altec Lansing 1010, Altec Lansing Magnificents (modded), Pioneer Cylindrical ones, Dayton MTMs, Dayton BR-1s, BOSE (yes I know - Buy Other Stereo Equipment) 301s and 141s (for HT use). A couple Sonys, Yamahas, RS, others that haven't seen daylight in a long time as well. Most as you might guess are in storage. I had to get a 12X12 Barn shed with loft to store all my excess stuff.

Someone out there really needs to help Shane. Confused

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: The AudioFred Sony FrugalArrays - $100
Next Topic: FS: 16 Dayton PT2 planar tweeters (Iowa)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:52:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio