Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Bathroom acoustics.
Bathroom acoustics. [message #69913] Fri, 28 October 2011 10:27 Go to next message
Kripes is currently offline  Kripes
Chancellor
Is it true that acoustics are terrific in a bathroom? If this is the case how can I replicate this in my bedroom? What makes the bathroom such a good sound room? Maybe it's an old wives tale?
Re: Bathroom acoustics. [message #69917 is a reply to message #69913] Fri, 28 October 2011 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, A loaded topic. Laughing Those who sing the bathroom might think they are good, me I prefer the sound of my listening room. Besides all the tube gear and Martin Logan electrostatics would not fare well in the potti. Confused My more sane sense it that it is an untruth. Highly reflective surfaces and small size are not generally good things in audio listening environments.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Bathroom acoustics. [message #69966 is a reply to message #69913] Wed, 02 November 2011 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freddy is currently offline  Freddy
Viscount
Bruce is right, this is certainly a loaded topic. I can't believe so many people think that bathroom acoustics are that great. Terrific is not the first word I would use to describe it. The bathroom is fine if you like that echo effect while you're singing by yourself. You're much better off going with a more traditional setup though.
Re: Bathroom acoustics. [message #69973 is a reply to message #69966] Wed, 02 November 2011 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Wireless headphones in the shower come next Laughing

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Bathroom acoustics. [message #70521 is a reply to message #69913] Tue, 20 December 2011 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mixinlady
Baron
Things might sound better in the bathroom, but they are not a reflection of the true pitch in reality. It's because bathrooms are constructed mostly of hard surfaces, and this causes sound to resonate back with more strength.

I wouldn't think most washrooms would be big enough to accommodate some sort of sound setup...
Re: Bathroom acoustics. [message #70926 is a reply to message #69913] Mon, 09 January 2012 00:51 Go to previous message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
I've heard of TV's in bathrooms, maybe karaoke machines will be next? I find the acoustics in stairwells to be good but I wouldn't want to set up a music system there.
Previous Topic: The acoustics in your car
Next Topic: College Dorm Rooms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:20:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout