Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4Pi crossover question
4Pi crossover question [message #69773] Mon, 10 October 2011 12:32 Go to next message
Marc321 is currently offline  Marc321
Esquire
Hi Wayne,

Is it possible to use Solen crossover components? I have a friend who gave me a box full of components. He used to have his own loudspeaker company and was cleaning house. Wish he used JBL2226 & B&C but I'm grateful for the stuff i got!
Also what would the max continuous of a pair of 4pi (best drivers) at 1m?
Peak output?

Thanks so much.
Re: 4Pi crossover answer [message #69775 is a reply to message #69773] Mon, 10 October 2011 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Solen components are fine, we use them in some stock builds. Max continuous is 125dB/M.

Re: 4Pi crossover question [message #69776 is a reply to message #69773] Mon, 10 October 2011 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc321 is currently offline  Marc321
Esquire
Thanks. I'll get started on the crossover for 3 - 4 pi's. Might take awhile for completion of everything but I'm satisfied that I have the best solution going for what I want. It's been a long research journey (DIY designs, QSC horns, JBL, QSC cinema designs, the new MEYER EXP Cinema speakers, PHC, etc.) Always knew it would be a diy build based on one of those but in the end your 4 pi solution is the most logical. Thought for sure it would be an active solution as well but it seems your years of refining the crossover is not a compromise.

Curious if there might be any pi owners up here in Nova Scotia?
Re: 4Pi crossover question [message #69777 is a reply to message #69776] Mon, 10 October 2011 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There are a lot of π Speakers owners in Canada, but I realize that doesn't narrow things down very much. Canada is a big country. Hopefully, a local owner will chime in here or send you a private message.

Re: 4Pi crossover question [message #70088 is a reply to message #69777] Thu, 10 November 2011 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JoshK is currently offline  JoshK
Esquire
Would love to know of anyone in the Toronto area willing to demonstrate the 4pi or 3pi. BTW, Wayne, do you offer any turnkey solution to either or those models? I am a DIYer but I don't have a lot of time. I have a bit more money than time right now.

Josh
Re: 4Pi crossover question [message #70089 is a reply to message #70088] Thu, 10 November 2011 19:42 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There are lots of π Speakers owners in your area. Hopefully some of them are paying attention and will chime in or contact you privately by PM.

We sell completed loudspeakers, kits and crossovers. So you can get them in various "stages of completion", allowing for your skill and/or available time. Crossovers are available as a blank PCB or as a fully assembled board, if you want to source your own drivers. Kits are available that have the drivers, the horn and the crossover and cable assemblies. You can build the box in an afternoon with a table saw, or you can get a local cabinetmaker to build it for you. Or like I said, we can provide a finished loudspeaker for you.

All are available on the π Speakers shopping cart:

Previous Topic: fiberglass
Next Topic: 6PI vs 7PI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 22:20:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers