Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » hole saws
hole saws [message #69651] Fri, 30 September 2011 13:11 Go to next message
Dpend is currently offline  Dpend
Baron
Does anyone have a favourite hole saw they would like to recomend or jig that you use to get the hole in easily
Re: hole saws [message #69652 is a reply to message #69651] Fri, 30 September 2011 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Depends on the hole and where you are, spelling favorite with an "U" tells me UK and brands will be different. If you're talking about wood, I like the Rigid Brand hole saw bits that have a separate arbor with 2 protrusions that insert into holes on the cutter as you tighten it onto the arbor. Hole saw cutters that come attached to an arbor at a low price soon come adrift.

Except for repeated sizes like Terminal cups and 4" vent pipe, I use my router and a trammel to cut even small holes. Quick, easy and no limit to size.
Re: hole saws [message #69656 is a reply to message #69651] Sat, 01 October 2011 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
I even use the router trammel to cut the rabbeting for flush mounting the drivers before I cut the holes.
Re: hole saws [message #69657 is a reply to message #69656] Sat, 01 October 2011 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
steve f wrote on Sat, 01 October 2011 19:51
I even use the router trammel to cut the rabbeting for flush mounting the drivers before I cut the holes.

The first time I did that the drivers did not fit into the rabbet, which was too snug. The problem was that the hard rubber "bumper" over the surround kept the metal frame proud of the hole when I checked for size, the driver going in front first, of course. Now I allow for that. Just FYI.
Re: hole saws [message #69724 is a reply to message #69651] Wed, 05 October 2011 19:05 Go to previous message
Dpend is currently offline  Dpend
Baron
Thanks Guy's
Bill you must be on this site alot.
Previous Topic: How I spent my weekend...
Next Topic: Paper veneer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 07:21:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout