Home » Audio » Pro Sound » If you had an unlimited budget for studio recordings, would you ever not want condenser mics?
If you had an unlimited budget for studio recordings, would you ever not want condenser mics? [message #69605] Sun, 25 September 2011 02:00 Go to next message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
I know there are some great affordable dynamic mics out there, like the Shure SM57 and Shure SM58. If you weren't taking cost into account though, wouldn't you usually want a couple condenser microphones? A friend of mine spends plenty of cash, but he loves a Shure SM58 for almost everything. I think he might be missing out on better quality though.
Re: If you had an unlimited budget for studio recordings, would you ever not want condenser mics? [message #69634 is a reply to message #69605] Wed, 28 September 2011 08:25 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I agree with you. Condenser mics often have a better frequency response than dynamic mics, so I think they are worth the investment. The SM57 and 58 are great mics, but why limit yourself?
Previous Topic: Premiere 1960's Amp Question
Next Topic: Drumsticks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:51:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout