Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Soundproof Windows
Soundproof Windows [message #69540] Mon, 19 September 2011 06:43 Go to next message
Siren is currently offline  Siren
Chancellor
I am trying to reduce the outside noise, there is a highway outside my house, and I have already tried the soundproof curtains. I have been hearing about soundproof windows, and wondered if they are worth spending money on? Which brand is the best to buy?
Re: Soundproof Windows [message #69547 is a reply to message #69540] Mon, 19 September 2011 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
Soundproof curtains? I've never heard of those. I can't imagine that they would do any better than soundproof windows. If the noise is that bad, it just might be a good investment for you.
Re: Soundproof Windows [message #69559 is a reply to message #69547] Wed, 21 September 2011 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christy is currently offline  Christy
Chancellor
Yes, they make soundproof curtains, which probably work better for someone who does not live near a highway. I think I will invest in the windows,too. I could use some feedback, also, to make sure it is worth it.
Re: Soundproof Windows [message #69594 is a reply to message #69559] Sat, 24 September 2011 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If the noise is bothering you so much that the curtains aren't helping enough, the windows will probably be worth it to you. I imagine that type of window may also be helpful with energy costs.
Re: Soundproof Windows [message #69933 is a reply to message #69594] Mon, 31 October 2011 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kripes is currently offline  Kripes
Chancellor
We used to have wooden window frames with a single pane of glass until we invested in double glazing. It's a PVC frame with a double pane of thickened glass and it reduces outside noise considerably.
Re: Soundproof Windows [message #69934 is a reply to message #69540] Mon, 31 October 2011 19:56 Go to previous message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
I'm okay with noise, but when traffic makes things shake I find it a bigger nuisance. Creating some sort of second layer on the windows will definitely help with the former.
Previous Topic: Movable Panels
Next Topic: What do you think about this Pi speaker layout?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:50:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio