Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Learning to mix like a DJ
Learning to mix like a DJ [message #69440] Sat, 10 September 2011 13:18 Go to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
How hard is it to learn how to mix songs like DJs do? I was listening to DJ Earworm's tracks on youtube and it is so amazing and all I can do is make a medley of songs but not mix them like he does!! How does one learn that? Is it very, very hard? Because it looks hard O_O
Re: Learning to mix like a DJ [message #69542 is a reply to message #69440] Mon, 19 September 2011 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christy is currently offline  Christy
Chancellor
I am not sure how's hard it is to learn how to dj. I bet you can find some videos on YouTube, that will help in your learning process. If you are really interested, maybe you can find a local dj, that will let you watch them and learn. It never hurts to ask.
Re: Learning to mix like a DJ [message #69548 is a reply to message #69542] Mon, 19 September 2011 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I don't think you can really learn without practicing. Watch some DJ's at a show, and get a few pointers. Then, get the equipment you need and practice, practice, practice!!
Re: Learning to mix like a DJ [message #69877 is a reply to message #69440] Mon, 24 October 2011 18:18 Go to previous message
AdrianG is currently offline  AdrianG
Baron
I think Danny's right, the key to getting better is a lot of practice. I had a friend in college who was a DJ and he worked really hard on it, it was his passion. He gradually got better, but I think it took him at least a couple years before he really had it down. It's one of those things that takes a fair amount of coordination.
Previous Topic: Drumsticks
Next Topic: Extra Cymbals
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:27:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout