Home » Audio » Home Theater » LED Projector
LED Projector [message #69320] Sat, 03 September 2011 22:10 Go to next message
moviegeek is currently offline  moviegeek
Chancellor
I'm thinking of getting a digital projector and big screen to set up my home theater when I move into my new house soon. I've heard that LED technology projectors have the advantage that you don't need to replace the lamp. Is this the best projector that can produce the highest quality picture?
Re: LED Projector [message #69430 is a reply to message #69320] Fri, 09 September 2011 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DinosaurDance is currently offline  DinosaurDance
Chancellor
I'm not sure how the quality compares, but LED projectors definitely require less maintenance. They also last longer and use less energy, so there are some nice advantages.
Re: LED Projector [message #69514 is a reply to message #69430] Fri, 16 September 2011 23:43 Go to previous message
NWCgrad is currently offline  NWCgrad
Master
I am waiting for LED-based illumination before I purchase another projector. Unfortunately there are very few on the market, primarily either the microprojectors or the very expensive.

No news from CEDIA held this month for the upcoming release of affordable, 1080P LED projectors. I wish they would forget 4K projection until they get the LED's worked out. 3000 hours for a $400 to $500 bulb is a more limiting design issue in my opinion.

VIRIBUS MARI VICTORIA
Previous Topic: Screen versus Wall
Next Topic: How many Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:49:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers