Home » Audio » Home Theater » Home Theater System With Central Control Console?
Home Theater System With Central Control Console? [message #69084] Fri, 19 August 2011 10:34 Go to next message
moviegeek is currently offline  moviegeek
Chancellor
Hi,

I'm more of a computer geek and quite a newbie concerning home theater systems.

I was wondering if there is an existing system in the market now that allows me to hook up the entire home theater system in the house to a computer so I can control everything via this computer?
Re: Home Theater System With Central Control Console? [message #69178 is a reply to message #69084] Thu, 25 August 2011 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
So do you want your computer to essentially act as a receiver? I'm not sure what you are looking for that a receiver wouldn't do for you.
Re: Home Theater System With Central Control Console? [message #69271 is a reply to message #69178] Thu, 01 September 2011 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moviegeek is currently offline  moviegeek
Chancellor
I'm looking for something that's similar to a home automation system where a central computer can control different appliances in the house. Usually this comes in a complete package.

I wonder if something like this is available where you have a software that integrates with a complete home theater system.
Re: Home Theater System With Central Control Console? [message #69431 is a reply to message #69271] Fri, 09 September 2011 19:46 Go to previous message
DinosaurDance is currently offline  DinosaurDance
Chancellor
Hmm, I haven't actually heard of controlling home theater systems through a computer software program that interacts with your receiver, but I don't see why that couldn't be done.
Previous Topic: LED or LCD?
Next Topic: Screen versus Wall
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:05:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout