Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » How to shunt regulate?
How to shunt regulate? [message #9205] Wed, 21 September 2005 14:52 Go to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
There would be a division at the SS v. Vacuum tube but both methods still have a lot in common. I do feel that both overload performance and operation within design parameter are critical qty in deciding how to execute.

Remember: the bottom line is that if we're paralyzed by the analyze step, nothing gets listened to...

I do have a few favourites,but setting them out would defeet the purpose of my question: how do you do it?
cheers,
Douglas

Re: How to shunt regulate? [message #9207 is a reply to message #9205] Sat, 24 September 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Seems like the basic premise is the same, a voltage divider with the active element in shunt.

exactly so... [message #9211 is a reply to message #9207] Sat, 24 September 2005 09:26 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
some of the active elements can be quite high performance. I am going to try my hand at a BJT instead of the MOSFET. not that the MOSFET worked poorly, but I have a feeling I can improve it...

There are a few ways to do an amplified Zener string too.
cheers,
Douglas

Previous Topic: Any experiences with Manley Mahi PPP EL84 amps? (nt)
Next Topic: Black Gate is dead...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 23:53:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout