Home » Audio » Craftsmen » What You Can DIY and What Not?
What You Can DIY and What Not? [message #68927] Tue, 09 August 2011 00:09 Go to next message
Hannah is currently offline  Hannah
Chancellor
Equipments and gadgets nowadays have the option for us to assemble or build by ourselves. There are equipments though that are not that easy to assemble even with instructions. What can you and can you not build by yourself?
Re: What You Can DIY and What Not? [message #68946 is a reply to message #68927] Tue, 09 August 2011 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Even though I like to design and construct gear (see Oddwatt Audio Sponsored section) and do a lot of diy in audio, I can't seem to drill two holes in a straight line. Wood, plastic, metal ... it doesn't matter. Rolling Eyes I can measure and measure and at least 25% of the time one or more are in the wrong place.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: What You Can DIY and What Not? [message #70216 is a reply to message #68927] Sat, 19 November 2011 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AdrianG is currently offline  AdrianG
Baron
I think everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. I'm actually pretty good at things like drilling accurately. When it comes to something complicated electrically though, I usually need some help. I think it's great to learn new things, but I also believe in being aware of my limitations.
Re: What You Can DIY and What Not? [message #71180 is a reply to message #68927] Wed, 01 February 2012 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lostinstereo is currently offline  lostinstereo
Chancellor
My husband has a nasty habit of putting at least one piece on backwards. For instance, on our bookshelves one of the shelves is upside down. Laughing
Re: What You Can DIY and What Not? [message #71217 is a reply to message #71180] Sat, 04 February 2012 21:29 Go to previous message
LeeLee is currently offline  LeeLee
Chancellor
That is too funny! I had to put a bookshelf thing with doors together for my grandma. The instructions consisted of poorly drawn illustrations and no words. There was a shelf on upside down, and the doors were backwards. I let my uncle fix it all, because I was out of curse words to use! Smile
Previous Topic: All new set up in a shop
Next Topic: Movie watching comfort
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:36:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout