Home » Audio » Radio » What radio stations do you listen to?
What radio stations do you listen to? [message #68831] Wed, 03 August 2011 18:06 Go to next message
BornThisWay is currently offline  BornThisWay
Chancellor
Which ones? And are they local or just one of those big name national ones that a lot of people listen to all over the country? Do you listen to it for music or for talk shows (current events, issues, sports, etc.) or sporting events? I don't listen to much radio in general, but I don't mind listening to local channels, although they really seem to play the same songs all the time. I don't mind listening to stations elsewhere in the country though, those are good too, especially since a lot of the bigger named ones tend to have a bigger selection of music. A lot of the time, though, I'd rather listen to my own music or Pandora.
Re: What radio stations do you listen to? [message #68837 is a reply to message #68831] Thu, 04 August 2011 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I listen to a lot of local stations. I know most are owned by national corporations but the actual station isn't broadcast elsewhere. Mostly I listen to rock and pop.
Re: What radio stations do you listen to? [message #68840 is a reply to message #68831] Thu, 04 August 2011 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Most of the stations I listen to are local although I also like Jack FM, which is at least regional, if not national. In addition, I listen to a Chicago station online.
Re: What radio stations do you listen to? [message #69047 is a reply to message #68831] Wed, 17 August 2011 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I have created my own Pandora station that I like to listen to, and now I am also subscribed to Spotify. My friends laugh at me for still listening to the radio, but I actually have a couple of personal friends who are radio DJs and I tune in to their shows most days.
Re: What radio stations do you listen to? [message #69358 is a reply to message #68831] Tue, 06 September 2011 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
I am a country girl, so I ALWAYS am listening to country. Usually it's a Froggy channel. You can get those in most states, I think. Oh, and also Y108...but I think that is just for the Pittsburgh area. Maybe not, though.
Re: What radio stations do you listen to? [message #69366 is a reply to message #68831] Tue, 06 September 2011 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I don't listen often, but then it is often XM satellite radio. Usually in the car. I float between Vintage Rock, easy listening (when I get riled up) and Jazz. One thing I occasionally do is listen to music in HD on the Tucson FM stations (about 70 miles). I have a Sony XDR-F1HD tuner. It is really a bargain. Super sensitive (I can get some Phoenix stations in regular FM from just about 150 air miles with my external antenna). There was a write up on these things in Stereophile about a year ago or so. One of the best $80 I ever spent. A little thing about the size of a couple of books. All high tech inside, most likely derived from satellite technology as the case, as small as it is, is mostly empty. Razz

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: What radio stations do you listen to? [message #69707 is a reply to message #68831] Wed, 05 October 2011 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I used to like an alternative station, but they have turned into more heavy metal. I prefer variety. So now, I just ride around in my car with the "search" feature going, and just stop it whenever I hear a song I like.
Re: What radio stations do you listen to? [message #70443 is a reply to message #68831] Sun, 11 December 2011 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mixinlady
Baron
I listen to a lot of NPR (National Public Radio) on FM. My husband found the station, and I've found myself listening along to the various programs that they offer on the channel. It has everything from politics to religious discussion to auto advice. I find myself learning new things often!
Re: What radio stations do you listen to? [message #71556 is a reply to message #68831] Mon, 27 February 2012 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freddy is currently offline  Freddy
Viscount
Talk radio's not too bad once in a while. If I'm in my car by myself I often switch between music and talk radio, depending on the commercial schedules. It works to a degree, but unfortunately the commercials often overlap.
Re: What radio stations do you listen to? [message #71835 is a reply to message #68831] Sun, 18 March 2012 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
BornThisWay wrote on Wed, 03 August 2011 18:06
Which ones? And are they local or just one of those big name national ones that a lot of people listen to all over the country? Do you listen to it for music or for talk shows (current events, issues, sports, etc.) or sporting events? I don't listen to much radio in general, but I don't mind listening to local channels, although they really seem to play the same songs all the time. I don't mind listening to stations elsewhere in the country though, those are good too, especially since a lot of the bigger named ones tend to have a bigger selection of music. A lot of the time, though, I'd rather listen to my own music or Pandora.

I only listen to a handful of radio stations and they're all local. Here recently, I've taken a liking to the "I Heart Radio" app on Xbox 360, but even then I still listen to a local station coming from Atlanta. (I live in GA.) I listen for music; I can't stand the talk shows and I'd rather watch sports on TV.
Previous Topic: Love this radio
Next Topic: Online Shortwave
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:40:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout